Tuesday Mar 21, 2023
Season Two: Episode Four: What Every Woman Needs to Know: A Word for My Older Sisters
Still Becoming: Helping You Move From Where You Are to Where You Want to Be
Laura Acuña hosts the Still Becoming podcast for women who are stuck with limiting beliefs about themselves, God, and their lives. Each episode encourages women to trade those limiting beliefs for the liberating truth from God’s Word. As a coach, Laura helps women move from where they are to where they want to be.
New episodes air every other week on Tuesday.
Welcome to Season Two!
Season Two Description
Many years ago, Laura Acuña felt God call her to speak to women of all ages and stages. Based on her own story and life lessons, Laura shares Biblical truth on becoming spiritually mature and emotionally healthy women. In the second season of the Still Becoming Podcast, episodes will cover trust, faith, living as a Christian woman in our current culture, relationships, resilience and the importance of applying God’s Word to our lives for growth and change. The goal and prayer for every episode is that listeners will leave with a deeper understanding of God’s Word, His great love for them and that it is never too late to become the healthy, whole and beautiful women He created them to be.
Episode Four: What Every Woman Needs to Know: A Word for My Older Sisters
Titus 2:3-5 NET
Proverbs 31:26 ESV
Liz Curtis Higgs Quote:
“When we’re young, we imagine life will be like a bell curve. We’ll climb upward, enjoy being on top of our game for a few years, then steadily decline until we quietly slip out of sight. That’s not at all what God has in mind. Our life in Christ and our service to Him is ever ascending, moving forward and upward, gaining strength and momentum.” [i]
Eight Characteristics of a Titus 2 Woman
- Non-Judgmental: She needs our empathy, flexibility, and help – not our judgment.
- Humility: There is no place for entitlement, control, or pride (see Jesus’ example for this).
- Transparency/Authenticity: She wants to be let in on our own struggles both past and present – this gives her hope. She isn’t looking for perfect role-models. She wants us to be our true selves.
- A Biblical Foundation: She wants to see us actively seeking the Word of God and applying it to our lives.
- Honesty: We need to accurately remember that it was hard for us, too. No need to tell her that life was different (better, worse, harder, etc.) when we were young women – that isn’t helpful to her today.
- Grace-Filled: She will do things differently, but she gets the space and grace to try them out, succeed, and even make mistakes!
- Accountability: We can be honest and hold a sister accountable – warn and admonish in extreme grace. She should feel loved after encountering us, not judged (again, see Jesus’ example).
- Generosity: There are times when we need to move aside and let her have her time, her moment. We have had ours.
Order my brand new book: Still Becoming: Hope, Help and Healing for the Diet-Weary Soul here
Order the Still Becoming Small Group Discussion Guide here
Listen to the Still Becoming Worship and Quiet Time Playlist on Spotify here.
Let's serve together! Invite me to speak at your next event! Go to my website to learn more about the variety of messages I offer!
Support this podcast for as little as $5.00 by buying me a coffee! Learn more here.
Let’s stick together! When you subscribe to my emails and updates, you will receive FREE Still Becoming Scripture Cards to remind you who you are and Whose you are. Be encouraged by the truth of God’s Word. Sign up here.
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.